The Passionate Shopper: Secret Sources for You and Your Home
From Hearst Books
With a readership of nearly four million,
Save yourself time. Go to the top sources. I picked this book up thinking I'd just browse through it, and after 40 pages decided it was such a great resource I wanted it for my library. It has the best sources for each of the specific sections that I've seen to date. If you're a reader of the numerous decorating magazines available, you're recognize some of the names, but there are many others I've never seen before. The book is divided into categories, so if you're looking for accessories, vintage tableware, pottery, blown glass, Meissen, fabrics, restoration of period frames and the like, this is the book for you! Victoria Magazine has covered all markets very well. You can save yourself a lot of time by using the sources in this well thought out book. Wonderful For Some, Not So For Me The problem I have with the books that Victoria Magazine publishes (and I own a few now) is that they are often a well-done rehash of what has already been printed (text & photos) in their monthly magazine. Don't get me wrong, I adore Victoria Magazine and have subscribed for years and enjoy most issues. Books like The Passionate Shopper are great for someone who doesn't read the magazine because then the content is new and fresh and wonderful. But if you are a regular reader, it's often stuff you've already seen in a pretty new hard cover and you'll feel cheated, like I did. Not that new or helpful The information isn't current (one place I checked was not in business anymore). A disappointment.